Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jun Tsai <ju...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/27 10:57:16 UTC

ValidField and I18n.

In valid field ,I find the validator  to get I18n message with server
locale,not client locale.
How to fix it?
Thanks
Jun Tsai

--
Welcome to China Java Users Group(CNJUG).
http://cnjug.dev.java.net

Re: ValidField and I18n.

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Andreas Andreou wrote:

> To the dev list:
> should we all provide our localized version (i have a greek one handy
> :) )
> of ValidationStrings
> to be included in the next Tapestry release???

Yes!  Create an entry in Jira and submit your localized validation messages.

Paul

Re: ValidField and I18n.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
You can provide your localized version of
org/apache/tapestry/valid/ValidationStrings.properties
Just place in your classpath an entry sush as
org/apache/tapestry/valid/ValidationStrings_el.properties

Version 3.0.1 already has localization for this for de,es and zh_TW
Tapestry will always use the engine's locale when looking for
such files
Notice, that this 'trick' applies to many other resources,
(i.e. images, html templates) even those defined in Tapestry's jar

Re: ValidField and I18n.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.