Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/08/30 09:27:56 UTC

excludes are only working for Tomcat

Dear all

I just realized that the excludes properties (within build.properties)
are only being used if Tomcat is being used as servlet container.

But I guess it would also make sense for the case of Jetty
(actually it doesn't have anything to do with Tomcat or Jetty itself).

WDYT?

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: excludes are only working for Tomcat

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I just realized that the excludes properties (within build.properties)
>> are only being used if Tomcat is being used as servlet container.
>>
>> But I guess it would also make sense for the case of Jetty
>> (actually it doesn't have anything to do with Tomcat or Jetty itself).
>>
>> WDYT?
>

> Sure.
>
> But, this is strange ... I didn't yet look at it, but do the
> properties depend on the Tomcat path settings?

well, it seems that I only implemented them for the "install" target,
which was at at a time I haven't really been using Jetty ;-)

... but now I am. It's more strange that other people didn't complain
about it ;-)

Michi

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I just realized that the excludes properties (within build.properties)
> are only being used if Tomcat is being used as servlet container.
>
> But I guess it would also make sense for the case of Jetty
> (actually it doesn't have anything to do with Tomcat or Jetty itself).
>
> WDYT?

Sure.

But, this is strange ... I didn't yet look at it, but do the
properties depend on the Tomcat path settings? Otherwise, I can't