Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2007/03/27 04:15:17 UTC

AMQ Shared File System problem

Hi,

I am trying to configure AMQ Master/Slave using Shared File system. I
created Journal dir on a NFS mount and trying to run AMQ on two servers
with NFS mounted on them. At the startup time AMQ is hanging, I am not
sure if this is working. Can someone tell me if AMQ can use NFS as a
shared file system or not?

Thanks!

Vik

Re: AMQ Shared File System problem

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to configure AMQ Master/Slave using Shared File system. I
>> created Journal dir on a NFS mount and trying to run AMQ on two
> servers
>> with NFS mounted on them. At the startup time AMQ is hanging, I am not
>> sure if this is working.
>
> Does the first broker you start hang, or just the slave waiting for the
> lock?
>
> Vik: Yeah first broker starts and hangs, I haven't even started slave
> yet. I am using NFS share as a shared File System. My first doubt was
> may be AMQ doesn't like NFS. But I may have found some issues with my
> NFS configuration, which may or may not be related to this problem.
>
>> Can someone tell me if AMQ can use NFS as a
>> shared file system or not?
>
> We've not done any testing with it; its really all down to the file
> locking; if that works we're good to go
>
> Vik: well then this will be good test case I assume :-).

It doesn't work over NFS.  That has been covered multiple times on the list.

--
Christopher G. Stach II

RE: AMQ Shared File System problem

Posted by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com>.
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure AMQ Master/Slave using Shared File system. I
> created Journal dir on a NFS mount and trying to run AMQ on two
servers
> with NFS mounted on them. At the startup time AMQ is hanging, I am not
> sure if this is working.

Does the first broker you start hang, or just the slave waiting for the
lock?

Vik: Yeah first broker starts and hangs, I haven't even started slave
yet. I am using NFS share as a shared File System. My first doubt was
may be AMQ doesn't like NFS. But I may have found some issues with my
NFS configuration, which may or may not be related to this problem.

> Can someone tell me if AMQ can use NFS as a
> shared file system or not?

We've not done any testing with it; its really all down to the file
locking; if that works we're good to go

Vik: well then this will be good test case I assume :-).

--

James
-------

Re: AMQ Shared File System problem