Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2016/05/23 19:45:41 UTC

Consequences of Apache parent POM v18

On upgrading the Apache parent POM (it drives the ASF release process on
top of the the release plugin) to v18, jena-maven-tools breaks [*].

The problem is there at v17 as well.

We had been using v16 up to Jena 3.1.0.

I've run out of ideas as to what this is so, with regret, I've left the
jena-maven-tools out of the main build.

Going back to v16 is possible but feels like saving trouble up for the
future.

	Andy

[*]

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin:3.4:helpmojo (help-goal) on
project jena-maven-tools: Execution help-goal of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin:3.4:helpmojo failed: syntax
error @[45,42] in
file:/home/afs/Jena/jena-maven-tools/src/main/java/org/apache/jena/tools/schemagen/SchemagenOptions.java
-> [Help 1]