Posted to user@atlas.apache.org by Sidharth Mishra <si...@apache.org> on 2021/07/27 19:11:12 UTC

Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Dear Atlas community,

Since Apache Atlas 2.1 was released, there are many new features,
improvements and fixes. Here are few features/enhancements since last
release, Apache Atlas 2.1:

    - Introduced Deferred Action - Tag propagation will be handled as
a background process (AtlasTask)

    - Added Re-indexing as JAVA_PATCH

    - Created JavaPatch to add new super types to existing entities

    - Supported for Business Metadata in Atlas Export API

    - Supported HA for admin/task API

    - Enhanced export service to export Terms

    - Added new models and addition attributes to Atlas for Apache
Flink, GCP and ADLS Gen 2

    - Added support to Configure HiveServer2 Hook to send Lineage-only Messages

    - Improved and enhanced Bulk Glossary Import supporting import
with relations

    - Dependency between Atlas and Kafka Zookeeper removed

    - Improved performance of GraphHelper's guid and status getter methods

    - Added new privilege - "admin-audits" for Atlas Admin Audits authorization

    - Basic search Improvements - search text with special characters,
optimize pagination

    - Updated free-text search processor to support Elasticsearch

    - Refactored and enhanced Atlas Python Client supporting Python 2.7

    - DSL Search enhancements - Support glossary terms and
relationship, can handle null attribute values, Java Tinkerpop
Traversals instead of GremlinScriptEngine, support search by
classification and its attribute, Caching mechanism for translated dsl
queries

    - Enhanced Export/Import Service to conditionally Support
Simultaneous Operations

    - Enhanced NotificationHookConsumer for Large Message Processing

    - Enhanced Atlas authorization for Add/Update/Remove
classification on entities

    - Provided option to add mandatory attribute to existing entity definition

    - Fixed Atlas UI to load faster in case of large number of
classifications & entities

    - Updated versions of dependent libraries/components: JanusGraph,
elasticsearch, JQuery, Http core, Http Client, slf4j, log4j, ant,
gremlin, Solr, groovy, netty, Kafka

There are around 336 plus commits on branch 2.0 and 205 resolved
issues with fix version 2.2.0 after 2.1.0 release.
With these significant improvements in place, it is time for the next
release of Apache Atlas!

I propose to release Apache Atlas 2.2 by early next month. Please
review and send your comments.

Regards,
Sidharth

Re: Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Posted by Radhika Kundam <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for volunteering Sidharth.
+1 for Apache Atlas 2.2

Regards,
Radhika

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

It sounds good to me.

Thanks for the proposal.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Posted by Sidharth Mishra <si...@apache.org>.
Thank you all for responding. I am working on the Atlas 2.2.0 release
candidate #0. Tomorrow I am planning to post the release candidate for
the vote.

Regards,
Sid

Posted by Sidharth Mishra <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by disha talreja <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chaitali Borole <ch...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
Hello,

+1 for the Atlas 2.2.0 release.

Thanks Siddharth for volunteering the release.

Regards,
Chaitali Borole

Posted by Radhika Kundam <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkatakrishnan Muthuswamy <ve...@elevo.ai>.
+1 for the Atlas 2.2.0 release.

Thanks
Venkat

From: Sarath Subramanian <ss...@cloudera.com.INVALID>>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 10:06 PM
To: dev@atlas.apache.org<ma...@atlas.apache.org> <de...@atlas.apache.org>>
Cc: user@atlas.apache.org<ma...@atlas.apache.org> <us...@atlas.apache.org>>
Thanks for volunteering to release Apache Atlas 2.2

+1

Thanks,
Sarath

wrote:

> Dear Atlas community,
>
> Since Apache Atlas 2.1 was released, there are many new features,
> improvements and fixes. Here are few features/enhancements since last
> release, Apache Atlas 2.1:
>
>     - Introduced Deferred Action - Tag propagation will be handled as
> a background process (AtlasTask)
>
>     - Added Re-indexing as JAVA_PATCH
>
>     - Created JavaPatch to add new super types to existing entities
>
>     - Supported for Business Metadata in Atlas Export API
>
>     - Supported HA for admin/task API
>
>     - Enhanced export service to export Terms
>
>     - Added new models and addition attributes to Atlas for Apache
> Flink, GCP and ADLS Gen 2
>
>     - Added support to Configure HiveServer2 Hook to send Lineage-only
> Messages
>
>     - Improved and enhanced Bulk Glossary Import supporting import
> with relations
>
>     - Dependency between Atlas and Kafka Zookeeper removed
>
>     - Improved performance of GraphHelper's guid and status getter methods
>
>     - Added new privilege - "admin-audits" for Atlas Admin Audits
> authorization
>
>     - Basic search Improvements - search text with special characters,
> optimize pagination
>
>     - Updated free-text search processor to support Elasticsearch
>
>     - Refactored and enhanced Atlas Python Client supporting Python 2.7
>
>     - DSL Search enhancements - Support glossary terms and
> relationship, can handle null attribute values, Java Tinkerpop
> Traversals instead of GremlinScriptEngine, support search by
> classification and its attribute, Caching mechanism for translated dsl
> queries
>
>     - Enhanced Export/Import Service to conditionally Support
> Simultaneous Operations
>
>     - Enhanced NotificationHookConsumer for Large Message Processing
>
>     - Enhanced Atlas authorization for Add/Update/Remove
> classification on entities
>
>     - Provided option to add mandatory attribute to existing entity
> definition
>
>     - Fixed Atlas UI to load faster in case of large number of
> classifications & entities
>
>     - Updated versions of dependent libraries/components: JanusGraph,
> elasticsearch, JQuery, Http core, Http Client, slf4j, log4j, ant,
> gremlin, Solr, groovy, netty, Kafka
>
> There are around 336 plus commits on branch 2.0 and 205 resolved
> issues with fix version 2.2.0 after 2.1.0 release.
> With these significant improvements in place, it is time for the next
> release of Apache Atlas!
>
> I propose to release Apache Atlas 2.2 by early next month. Please
> review and send your comments.
>
> Regards,
> Sidharth

Umesh

Re: Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Posted by Umesh Padashetty <us...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sidharth

nikhil.bonte@freestoneinfotech.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> > Simultaneous Operations
>> >
>> >     - Enhanced NotificationHookConsumer for Large Message Processing
>> >
>> >     - Enhanced Atlas authorization for Add/Update/Remove
>> > classification on entities
>> >
>> >     - Provided option to add mandatory attribute to existing entity
>> > definition
>> >
>> >     - Fixed Atlas UI to load faster in case of large number of
>> > classifications & entities
>> >
>> >     - Updated versions of dependent libraries/components: JanusGraph,
>> > elasticsearch, JQuery, Http core, Http Client, slf4j, log4j, ant,
>> > gremlin, Solr, groovy, netty, Kafka
>> >
>> > There are around 336 plus commits on branch 2.0 and 205 resolved
>> > issues with fix version 2.2.0 after 2.1.0 release.
>> > With these significant improvements in place, it is time for the next
>> > release of Apache Atlas!
>> >
>> > I propose to release Apache Atlas 2.2 by early next month. Please

Umesh

Re: Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Posted by Umesh Padashetty <us...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sidharth

> [...]

>> > Simultaneous Operations
>> >
>> >     - Enhanced NotificationHookConsumer for Large Message Processing
>> >
>> >     - Enhanced Atlas authorization for Add/Update/Remove
>> > classification on entities
>> >
>> >     - Provided option to add mandatory attribute to existing entity
>> > definition
>> >
>> >     - Fixed Atlas UI to load faster in case of large number of
>> > classifications & entities
>> >
>> >     - Updated versions of dependent libraries/components: JanusGraph,
>> > elasticsearch, JQuery, Http core, Http Client, slf4j, log4j, ant,
>> > gremlin, Solr, groovy, netty, Kafka
>> >
>> > There are around 336 plus commits on branch 2.0 and 205 resolved
>> > issues with fix version 2.2.0 after 2.1.0 release.
>> > With these significant improvements in place, it is time for the next
>> > release of Apache Atlas!
>> >
>> > I propose to release Apache Atlas 2.2 by early next month. Please

Umesh

Re: Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Posted by Pinal Shah <pi...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
+1 for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Thanks Sidharth for volunteering.

Regards,
Pinal Shah

Posted by Pinal Shah <pi...@freestoneinfotech.com>.

Posted by Mandar Ambawane <ma...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
+1 for the Atlas 2.2.0 release.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Mandar V. Ambawane.

Re: Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Posted by Mandar Ambawane <ma...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
+1 for the Atlas 2.2.0 release.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Mandar V. Ambawane.

Re: Planning for Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release

Posted by Jayendra Parab <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jayendra Parab <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
+1 for the Atlas 2.2.0 release.

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
+1 for the Atlas 2.2.0 release.

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.

From: Nikhil Bonte <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 10:20 PM
To: "user@atlas.apache.org" <us...@atlas.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@atlas.apache.org" <de...@atlas.apache.org>

Thanks for volunteering Sidharth!

+1 for the release Apache Atlas 2.2.

Regards

Nikhil P. Bonte

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 10:46 AM Ashutosh Mestry <am...@cloudera.com> wrote:

Sidharth: Thanks for volunteering!

+1 for the release.

~ ashutosh

Ashutosh Mestry . Staff Software Engineer . Cloudera, Inc. .

No hurry, no pause. – Tim Ferriss, Life Hacker, Author

From: Sarath Subramanian <ss...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 10:06 PM
To: dev@atlas.apache.org <de...@atlas.apache.org>
Cc: user@atlas.apache.org <us...@atlas.apache.org>