Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2006/03/16 19:10:54 UTC

Console Patches

I'm looking at console issues and patches in JIRA.  The following ones
look like good candidates.  Does anyone have any comments or thoughts
on which ones may be or not be ready or any dependencies between them?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Patches:
1037: confirmation when deleting things
1130: make more generic web statistics for Jetty (NOTE: waiting on
updated patch from Joe), see also 1408
1182: web connector portlet confirmation, cancel button, etc.
1196: keystore portlet improvements (empty alias blows up)
1199: keystore portlet improvements (display fingerprints)
1396: more consistent look and feel for tables
1413: set JSPs to UTF-8
1414: set icon for about page
1426: console breakage on Windows with spaces in install path
1484: display logged-in username
1498: not serializable exception due to JDBC driver download
1503: keystore portlet improvements (passwords)
1524: allow selection of multiple JDBC driver JARs
1529: show Geronimo version number in console
1531: keystore portlet enhancements (delete cert/key)
1572: better error if cookies are disabled
1634: NoClassDefFoundError in log viewer (NOTE: Jeff looking at this)
1699: missing JDOM classes (NOTE: Jeff looking at this)
1700: stack trace printed if deploy app that's already deployed
1701: improvements to EJB portlet

No patch yet, but should be looked at:
1273: More context info when adding JMS protocol
1376: display URL for deployed web apps
1388: Make sure "Go" button is visible
1390: Link not always visible
1391: keystore error, looks like keystore issues described above
1592: Add new security realm type
1692: Next server restart after console edits dumps stack trace
1704: Need to be able to select a JAR for a security realm
1705: AJAX progress bar for JDBC driver download
1711: Add "restart" option for web connector
1721: Ability to delete a security realm
1741: Ability to redeploy an application
1746: Change to log config file not respected on restart

Re: Console Patches

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Aaron,

Regarding 1130, I just attached a new version of the patch for the
current trunk so it is ready to go be considered.   Please use the newly
added patch (1130_WebServerStatsJetty.patch).

1408 would be fine to include in the second group of JIRAs (those w/o
patches) but it really isn't directly related to this JIRA.  This only
deals with the web server statistics ... not the Network Listeners
portlet that is presented on the same page.

Thanks for looking into these.
Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: Console Patches

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Here's one more that has a patch:
973:  	 Add security to /console-standard

thanks,
Paul

Re: Console Patches

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaron,
here are a few more related to the console, these falls in the second group (no patch yet)

1641: Using default Console Realm, when delete a user it will not be removed from the groups.
1663: Ability to test database pool connections after editing.
1664: Export / Import configurations capability.

Cheers!
Hernan