Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2015/06/08 17:46:53 UTC

Advanced request logging with CXF 3.1.0, karaf and elastic search

Since version 3.1.0 there is a new request logging feature in CXF. I
just wrote a blog entry about it and thought this might be interesting
for people on this list.

http://www.liquid-reality.de/x/AoDT

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Advanced request logging with CXF 3.1.0, karaf and elastic search

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Sounds interesting.

Do you mean this one?
https://github.com/logstash/log4j-jsonevent-layout

Christian

AW: Advanced request logging with CXF 3.1.0, karaf and elastic search

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Should be fixed now.

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: Advanced request logging with CXF 3.1.0, karaf and elastic search

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Sure.

The new LoggingFeature can be added to services like the old one. So
using this you already have the new meta data in slf4j log events.

There currently is no ready to use elastic search integration outside of
OSGi. It could be achieved either by creating a Log4j appender or a
LogSender that writes to elastic search.

One approach that needs no programming is to configure log4j to write
all meta data to the log file and parse it using logstash. The downside
is only the needed additional configuration.

Christian

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> Since version 3.1.0 there is a new request logging feature in CXF. I
> just wrote a blog entry about it and thought this might be interesting
> for people on this list.
>
> http://www.liquid-reality.de/x/AoDT

Hi Christian,
the new logging feature looks very cool: is there any support for
non-OSGi deployments?

Thanks.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò