Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2010/07/01 07:33:22 UTC

Draft of letter accompanying proposal/report

Greets,

How does the letter below look?

Marvin Humphrey

Lucene PMC members,

Lucy's developers agreed to deliver a plan for Lucy's graduation to this forum
by Friday, July 2, based on the Incubator's proposal template.  As
anticipated, following the template has been a good exercise for us.

Our graduation plan may surprise you: it leads through the Incubator.  We have
determined that we wish to assimilate the KinoSearch code base into the Lucy
project as a software grant.  This will allow us to get to the release that we
need in order to grow our community as quickly as possible.  Therefore what
was to be a "plan" based on the proposal template has now become a draft
proposal.

Your critique during the last round was very helpful and appreciated.  Your
feedback is solicited once again.  If all goes well, this will be our last
report.

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey, Peter Karman and Nathan Kurz

Re: Draft of letter accompanying proposal/report

Posted by Nathan Kurz <na...@verse.com>.
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Marvin Humphrey
<ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> How does the letter below look?

+1

Re: [Lucy] Draft of letter accompanying proposal/report

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.