Posted to user@ant.apache.org by sactiw <st...@nvidia.com> on 2008/12/19 14:15:21 UTC

I would like "echo" task to support the "if" and "unless" attribute

Hi Guys,
           I really sometimes feel that <echo> task must should support the
"if" and "unless" attribute.

           So that I could write something like,

           <echo if="thisPropertyExists">This Property Exists</echo>

           <echo unless="thisPropertyDon'tExists">This Property Don't
Exists</echo>

           I think this is a very usefull feature and many people will find
it very useful.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin.

Re: I would like "echo" task to support the "if" and "unless" attribute

Posted by sactiw <st...@nvidia.com>.

Francis Galiegue-4 wrote:

> Le Friday 19 December 2008 14:15:21 sactiw, vous avez écrit :
>> Hi Guys,
>>            I really sometimes feel that <echo> task must should support
>> the
>> "if" and "unless" attribute.
>>
>>            So that I could write something like,
>>
>>            <echo if="thisPropertyExists">This Property Exists</echo>
>>
>>            <echo unless="thisPropertyDon'tExists">This Property Don't
>> Exists</echo>
>>
>>            I think this is a very usefull feature and many people will
>> find
>> it very useful.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Sachin.
>
> You could always use ant-contrib's <if>:
>
> <if>
> 	<available property="theproperty"/>
> 	<then>
> 		<echo message="theproperty exists and is set"/>
> 	</then>
> </if>
>
> OK, it's longer to write, but it works.
>
> --
> Francis Galiegue
> fge@one2team.com
> Ingénieur système
> Mob : +33 (0) 683 877 875
> Tel : +33 (0) 178 945 552
> One2team
> 40 avenue Raymond Poincaré
> 75116 Paris

Thanks for the quick reply Francis.

But factually this is exactly what I have been using for last few weeks and
when I saw that <fail> task already has a support for "if" and "unless"
attribute from that very moment I started thinking that why can't <echo>
task also support them in the same way.

In short, I ams looking for alternatives to do that rather I am suggesting a
small feature that will be helpful to many of us.

Regards,
SacTiw.

Re: I would like "echo" task to support the "if" and "unless" attribute

Posted by Francis Galiegue <fg...@one2team.com>.