Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by lkrao31 <la...@broadridge.com> on 2014/01/31 17:43:19 UTC

To Add Active MQ QMGR to WebSphere MQ Cluster

Hello All,

I am new to the Active MQ world, I have good expereince on the IBM MQ .
Currently we have a requirement in which the traget messaging systems are
Active MQ and our Infra is on IBM Websphere MQ. Is there any possiblity that
I can add my IBM MQ QMGR and the target Active MQ QMGR into a single Cluster
so that We can post messages to the Cluster Queue and at the Target Side the
Listeners Can pick up the messages from those cluster Queue on the Active MQ
QMGR and process them.

Thank you

Re: To Add Active MQ QMGR to WebSphere MQ Cluster

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
JMS Connector can move messages in two directions, but NOT on the same
destination.  In other words, it's possible to have two sets of
destinations crossing the bridges, one going in one direction and the
other going in the other direction.

See this link for information:
http://activemq.apache.org/jms-to-jms-bridge.html.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Oh, and if you mistakenly try to move messages in both directions, they
will loop infinitely.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
If I understand correctly, the need is to move messages one-way from IBM MQ to ActiveMQ.

Two solutions come to mind right away. First, the jms network connector in activemq (the name may be different). The second is to use a camel route to move the messages.

I like the camel route, but the jms connector may be adequate for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone