Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2001/10/12 17:56:51 UTC

RE: What is meant by current working directory of your servlet en gine ?

If you're using the latest versions of Axis (i.e. recent nightly builds),
this has been made consistent.  The files are expected to live in WEB-INF/.
Previously it was up to the servlet engine to decide - for JRun, it was
JRUN_HOME/servers/default/.  Putting it in WEB-INF as we do now makes much
more sense.

--G

Posted by Wenbiao Han <we...@ulticom.com>.
Hi:

I met the same problem. Is the servlet engine referring to AXIS or the web
server, e.g. Tomcat? For the alpha2 release of axis, I tried to put the .lst
files into axis-1_0/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/. directory. But the stock example
gave the same error indicated in the attached email. If the .lst files
should put into Tomcat 3.2.3 directory, where they are should be in?

Thanks for your answer in advance,

Kevin

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.
Hi,

I have switched to Tomcat4 (Catalina). Several examples worked quite
fine WITHOUT moving any of the axis jars to Tomcat's CLASSPATH. This
should also not be necessary, since the servlet container should find
the jars in the axis/WEB-INF/lib directory.

I also got the stock example to work. I copies the .lst to
$CATALINA/webapp/axis/WEB-INF. In fact, you moved these files into
axis-1_0/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/. This suggestion was a good one except
you placed the files in the wrong location.

I restarted Catalina (and Apache), and now the stock example gave the
correct result.

Andre.

Wenbiao Han wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I met the same problem. Is the servlet engine referring to AXIS or the web
> server, e.g. Tomcat? For the alpha2 release of axis, I tried to put the .lst
> files into axis-1_0/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/. directory. But the stock example
> gave the same error indicated in the attached email. If the .lst files
> should put into Tomcat 3.2.3 directory, where they are should be in?
>
> Thanks for your answer in advance,
>
> Kevin

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: http://www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/

Re: What is meant by current working directory of your servlet engine ?