Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Steve Meyfroidt <st...@netdecisions.com> on 2002/10/15 17:55:10 UTC

Joe SNMP facade bug

Hi,

I have a problem with the SNMP Trap Appender in that my machine's IP Address
is coming out as "49.50.55.46.48.46.48.46.49" from a config that looks like:
    log4j.appender.TRAP_LOG.LocalIPAddress=127.0.0.1

Of course what's happening is that the SnmpOctetString class in the JoeSnmp
implementation is treating the IP Address String as a list of bytes, so what
I get in the trap is the ascii values of my String IP Address.

Has this problem been spotted and fixed already? I think a change to
JoeSNMPTrapSender line 257 could be made to call a utility parser that will
turn the ip address into an array of four bytes.

Regards,
Steve Meyfroidt

PS download TrapReceiver from http://www.ncomtech.com/download.htm if you're
exploring the SNMP Trap stuff on Windows