Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/18 17:48:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M22

Hi,

This is a vote for the 22th milestone of the 1.0.0 LDAP API/Shared,
1.0.0-M22.

It's a bug fix release. We have also cleaned up the Extended Operations
implemetation, and added some control.

It contains a few bug fixes and improvements :

Bugs
----

    * [DIRAPI-156 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-156>] -
LdapNetworkConnection.addSchema doesn't register attribute types
    * [DIRAPI-186 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-186>] -
Inconsistent code definition in ResultCodeEnum.
    * [DIRAPI-188 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-188>] -
Length encoding is not using the correct method in some of the codecs

Improvements
------------

    * [DIRAPI-181 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-181>] -
Add the StartTLS extended operation
    * [DIRAPI-187 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-187>] -
Make the Entry class a fluent API

New Feature
-----------

    * [DIRAPI-164 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-164>] -
Add fluent entry builder to AddRequest
    * [DIRAPI-183 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-183>] -
Add support for the WhoAmI extended operation

Wish
----

    * [DIRAPI-189 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-189>] -
Support DirSync control

The revision :

http://svn.apache.org/r1588441

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M22

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1004

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M22
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M22

Emmanuel

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M22

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
+1

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
checked sources from the tag, looking good to me

[X] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M22

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Resulr [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M22

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

I'm closing the vote, with 5 +1 vote (4 binding, 1 not binding) :

Binding :
Emmanuel,
Felix,
Kiran,
Stefan,

Non Binding :
Lucas.

I will update the site (which might take a bit of time, the CMS system
seems to be broken atm), and do the announce as soon as teh site is ok.

Many thanks !

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 4/21/14 12:52 PM, Felix Knecht a écrit :
> Much thanks for your research! I can't remember that it has ever
> change dup to now in previous JDK version, but it might happen - the
> API says so:
> "This class makes no guarantees as to the order of the map; in
> particular, it does not guarantee that the order will remain constant
> over time."
> The problem is just that we get used to it that this never happend
> before IIRC.

Absolutely.
Although we already have been hit by the same kind of problem years ago,
when JNDI attribute implementation was changed (it was in JDK 6).

Bottom line, you are right : never assume an unordered data structure to
be ordered in any way.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Much thanks for your research! I can't remember that it has ever change
dup to now in previous JDK version, but it might happen - the API says so:
"This class makes no guarantees as to the order of the map; in
particular, it does not guarantee that the order will remain constant
over time."
The problem is just that we get used to it that this never happend
before IIRC.

Thanks
Felix

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I have rewrote the toString() mehod to not be sensible to the Map order.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M22

Builds with JDK1.7 without errors.

[...]

Regards and happy Easter
Felix

Re: [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M22

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.
+1