Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com> on 2009/03/16 21:21:46 UTC

tcp transport for soap calls

Has there been any noodling on soap over tcp for CXF? I see mention of
it in Axis and in Metro.

My goal (in full disclosure) is to have a WCF client speak to a CXF
based web service getting as close to the netTCPBindings as I can. I
realize that netTCPBinding is proprietary and therefore not going to
happen. But, I figured if I could do soap of tcp, then it would be
possible to use one way calls both directions over the tcp transprt.

-- bk

Re: tcp transport for soap calls

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mon March 16 2009 4:21:46 pm Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Has there been any noodling on soap over tcp for CXF? I see mention of
> it in Axis and in Metro.

No real "serious" noodling yet.   I've been thinking of sticking this as an
idea for a Google Summer of Code project:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009#cxf-project

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp