Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/06/17 14:24:15 UTC

[ant2] AspectHandler globals and inheritance

Hi,

I was wondering on whether or not you think there should be either
1. global aspect handlers (ie used in all projects in set) as well as project
specific handlers?
2. Should aspect handlers be inherited between sub-projects?

For (2) I say we should probably follow suit with whatever we do with
properties (at this stage looks like no inheritance). For (1) I could see a
use in having global aspect handlers (for things like gump) as well as
project specific aspect handlers. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Pete

Re: [ant2] AspectHandler globals and inheritance

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> 1. global aspect handlers (ie used in all projects in set) as well
> as project specific handlers?

Probably yes.  Global aspect handlers are a must IMHO, I don't know
where a project specific aspect handler would help, but this only
depends upon the type of aspect and the users fantasy.

> 2. Should aspect handlers be inherited between sub-projects?

You mean: If A has subprojects B and C and B and C are otherwise
independent, can C inherit aspect handlers from B?  Don't think so.  I
agree with you that we should follow the rules for properties here.

Stefan