Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2020/04/02 23:26:43 UTC

Re: Guacamole RDP Printing not work

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 1:11 AM vwguac <hw...@rcs.de> wrote:

> Tested with Docker and
> Guacamole 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0
>
> It is probably a problem with the windows printer driver.
> Unfortunately I haven't found the problem in Windows yet.
> There are installations where it works.
>
> guacd[839]: ERROR: Unknown printer I/O request function: 0x3/0x0
>
> I think this is a read request fom the Windows printer driver, to which the
> guacd does not respond.

That 0x3 is indeed a read request (IRP_MJ_READ). My understanding of RDPDR
is that such a request makes no sense for printer devices, though. It may
be that we should be explicitly returning an error over the channel, rather
than ignoring the I/O request, but I'm not sure (1) why you would be seeing
this at all and (2) why it should result in overall print failure.

It's worth just trying whether something as simple as reporting that the
I/O request is unsupported would solve what you're seeing, but I'd also
like to understand under what circumstances Windows will try to issue a
read request to a printer.

- Mike

Re: Guacamole RDP Printing not work

Posted by vwguac <hw...@rcs.de>.
Unfortunately I could not find out what rdprd expected with the read request.