Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/08/30 16:36:35 UTC

[Zones] 1.4 is *not* working on solaris?

Hi all,

after a couple of days of debugging and testing. I am always running
into the same problems with our zones.

It seems to me that lenya 1.4.x is not running under solaris.

A fresh deploy is working fine, but as soon as it is up for a while I
get
Unable to get transformer handler for
cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml?doctype=homepage at
<map:serialize type="xhtml"> -
file:/export/home/lenya/src/lenya-trunk/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/sitemap.xmap:188:44 at <map:transform> -

Like I said *after a while* not directly.

I could really use some help on that because I actually have done
everything:
a) *new* checkout of:
-cocoon
-lenya
b) build fresh from both

The only different between my local version and the zones is that we
have 2 instance of 1.4 (one for us and one for the Apache Forrest
project) sharing the same cocoon version.

If you consider that a problem I can test two separate cocoons.

Anyway, anybody is using the 1.4 HEAD successfully under solaris?

I promised the forrest guys a working demo till next week it would be
nice if I can get some help on that.

TIA

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [Zones] 1.4 is *not* working on solaris?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 09:56 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >     at
> > org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.DefaultPolicy.getRoles(DefaultPolicy.java:119)
> >     at org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.URLPolicy.addRoles(URLPolicy.java:156)
> >     at org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.URLPolicy.getRoles(URLPolicy.java:90)
> >     at
> > org.apache.lenya.cms.workflow.RoleCondition.isComplied(RoleCondition.java:88)
> >

> > It occurs on my machine as well. I guess it is a bug which was
> > recently introduced, somehow related to the session handling.
> > I'm trying to track it down.
>
> With some luck, it might be gone now. I just updated the zone demo.
>
> Yesterday I found out that the WorkflowManagerImpl relied on getting the
> new context everytime it is used, but contextualize() is only called once
> and not everytime the component is fetched from the pool.
>
> I removed the dependence on the context information by adding the repository
> session to the DocumentWorkflowable. Maybe it works better now.

You are my hero, dude. :)

It seems to work now.

Thanks a million - muchas gracias

salu2

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

[...]

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.DefaultPolicy.getRoles(DefaultPolicy.java:119)
>     at org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.URLPolicy.addRoles(URLPolicy.java:156)
>     at org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.URLPolicy.getRoles(URLPolicy.java:90)
>     at
> org.apache.lenya.cms.workflow.RoleCondition.isComplied(RoleCondition.java:88)
>

> It occurs on my machine as well. I guess it is a bug which was
> recently introduced, somehow related to the session handling.
> I'm trying to track it down.

With some luck, it might be gone now. I just updated the zone demo.

Yesterday I found out that the WorkflowManagerImpl relied on getting the
new context everytime it is used, but contextualize() is only called once
and not everytime the component is fetched from the pool.

I removed the dependence on the context information by adding the repository
session to the DocumentWorkflowable. Maybe it works better now.

-- Andreas

Re: [Zones] 1.4 is *not* working on solaris?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after a couple of days of debugging and testing. I am always running
> into the same problems with our zones.
>
> It seems to me that lenya 1.4.x is not running under solaris.
>
> A fresh deploy is working fine, but as soon as it is up for a while I
> get
> Unable to get transformer handler for
> cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml?doctype=homepage at
> <map:serialize type="xhtml"> -
> file:/export/home/lenya/src/lenya-trunk/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/sitemap.xmap:188:44 at <map:transform> -

Is it this stack trace?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
btw the error can be seen here:
http://lenya.zones.apache.org:9999/default/authoring/index.html