Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 03:42:41 UTC

Cassandra File System

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cassandra-file-system-design - The
gist is that Datastax has replaced the Namenode, Secondary Namenode,
and (I forget the other) in order to eliminate the single point of
failure. This raises the strange notion of running Accumulo on top of
Cassandra.

Re: Cassandra File System

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
I think the hope is that the Cassandra File System can be used to
replicate between data centers. For example, two replicas in center A
and two replicas in center B.

Re: Cassandra File System

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Cassandra File System

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I believe Eric has been working on something very similar using Accumulo
itself: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-722