Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/14 08:03:32 UTC

What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Hi, all

I have a question about how does the pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster work:

As many map tasks are submitted to the pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster,
does the hadoop run each mapper in sequence ? or does it run these mappers
in different threads or something could be parallel?

--
YANG, Lin

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
One thing to be careful about is paths of dependent libraries or
executables like streaming binaries. In pseudo distributed mode, since all
processes are looking on the same machine, it is likely that they will find
paths that are really local to only the machine where the job is being
launched from. When you start to run them in a true distributed
environment, and if these files are not packaged and distributed to the
cluster in some way, they will start failing.

Thanks
hemanth

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
All right, I got it.

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
All right, I got it.

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
All right, I got it.

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
All right, I got it.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jason,

--
Harsh J

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jason,

--
Harsh J

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jason,

--
Harsh J

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jason,

--
Harsh J

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
Hey, Kai

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
Hey, Kai

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
Hey, Kai

Posted by Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>.
Hey, Kai

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.
Hello.

Am 14.09.2012 um 08:03 schrieb Jason Yang <li...@gmail.com>:

> I have a question about how does the pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster work:
>
> As many map tasks are submitted to the pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster, does the hadoop run each mapper in sequence ? or does it run these mappers in different threads or something could be parallel?

pseudo-distributed mode is a one node cluster. You have a namenode, a jobtracker, and a single datanode and tasktracker running. You can verify with "jps" command.

The default setting is that a tasktracker can run up to two map and reduce tasks in parallel (mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum and mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum), so you will actually see some concurrency on your one machine.

Kai

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.
Hello.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.
Hello.