Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> on 2010/10/19 05:51:13 UTC

Lessons from PostgreSQL's Git transition

Interesting info on their transition to git, specifically how they do
not allow merge commits:
  <http://lwn.net/Articles/409635/>

Took them over 3 years, and lots of lessons we should all be aware of....

Re: Lessons from PostgreSQL's Git transition

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@thomersonfamily.com>.
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:

> Interesting info on their transition to git, specifically how they do
> not allow merge commits:
>  <http://lwn.net/Articles/409635/>
>
> Took them over 3 years, and lots of lessons we should all be aware of....

The article is available by subscription only until the 21st.  I put it on
my calendar to read it then.

Jeremy