Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/29 11:03:22 UTC

WebSession dirty()

In 1.5 trunk WebSession has a transient variable dirty which is set to
true when dirty() is called. But I don't see that the dirty variable
is used anywhere. Is that by purpose? How does it work?

-Juergen

Re: WebSession dirty()

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Maybe we have a problem in this area.
Session#dirty is not taken into account for the cases when for example new
feedback message has been added to the session.
I.e. Wicket Session is set in the http session only if there are touched
stateful pages.

I'll file a ticket for this.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Eelco Hillenius <eelco.hillenius@gmail.com

Re: WebSession dirty()

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: WebSession dirty()

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Juergen Donnerstag <
juergen.donnerstag@gmail.com> wrote:

> In 1.5 trunk WebSession has a transient variable dirty which is set to
> true when dirty() is called. But I don't see that the dirty variable
> is used anywhere. Is that by purpose? How does it work?
>
> -Juergen

It seems this boolean is a leftover from 1.4 and should be removed.

The Session object is written as attribute in the http session
via org.apache.wicket.page.PersistentPageManager.PersitentRequestAdapter.storeTouchedPages(List<IManageablePage>)
which calls
org.apache.wicket.page.PersistentPageManager.PersitentRequestAdapter.getSessionEntry(boolean)
and this either calls bind() (set as attribute) or update (remove+add the
attribute).