Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Stefan Keller <sf...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/10 21:52:20 UTC

XSLTC with TransformerFactoryConfigurationError

Hi, just another boring classpath error... I just like to speed up my XSLT
and followed closely the download instructions (Xerces-J-bin.2.9.0.zip,
xalan-j_2_7_1-bin-2jars.zip) as well as the tips here
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html#xsltcsmart

This is the command (written on separate lines for readability):

$ java
  -cp lib\xalan.jar;lib\serializer.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\xercesImpl.jar
  -Xmx512M
  -
Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.SmartTransformerFactoryImpl
  org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process
  -xsl osm2gml.xsl
  -in osm_example.osm
  -out osm_example.gml
  -xsltc -xt -xj osm2gml.jar -n

  javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError:
  Provider org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
        at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(
TransformerFactory.java:108)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:200)
  Xalan: war nicht erfolgreich.
  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Xalan: war nicht
erfolgreich.
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.doExit(Process.java:1155)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:213)

  $

What is going wrong here: my classpath or the xslt documentation?
Stefan

Re: XSLTC with TransformerFactoryConfigurationError

Posted by Stefan Keller <sf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christine,

Thank you for trying to help out!

It (Compile, Process, Transform) works now after having downloaded xsltc.jar,
now using the following classpath
lib\xalan.jar;lib\serializer.jar;lib\xsltc.jar

I don't think it was a version problem but a problem of documentation and
communication.

-- Stefan