Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 00:48:53 UTC

Site generation - Maven differes Forest

First of all I want to appologize if this is already discussed but i
couldn't find it in the archives or google-ing.

My question is actually very simple.
When having some xdoc files that produce a nice site using forrest, it turns
out that the xdoc file-format for maven site generation is different(or
maybe I am wrong), because stuff like <link href> don't produce links in my
site - I have to use <a href> instead. Also in forrest-xdoc format  we can
say something like this <link href="site:my-page">, and this doesn't work
with maven - I have to use relative urls like <a href="/my-page.html">.
Another difference I have noticed is this: <section> tag doesn't require
"title" attribute, but "name" attribute.

My question is this one: Is there a place on the interenet where there is a
maven-xdoc specification?

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: Site generation - Maven differes Forest

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
The xdoc format was created from the one in Anakia
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/docs/anakia.html
and the format was defined here
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html
But forrest certainly improved it.
If you want you can open enhancements in the xdoc plugin but I'm not sure if
it will be fixed in maven 1 (perhaps un maven 2).

Arnaud

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 12/12/06, Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> wrote:

> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/xdoc/reference/xdocs.html
>
> Note that these docs are for the m1 xdoc plugin, the m2 site plugin
> doesn't have all the features. However, the xdoc format should be the
> same, there is even a dtd to validate them (see the section on
> validation on the above page).
>
> HTH,
> -Lukas
>

> Petar Tahchiev wrote:
> > First of all I want to appologize if this is already discussed but i
> > couldn't find it in the archives or google-ing.
> >
> > My question is actually very simple.
> > When having some xdoc files that produce a nice site using forrest, it
> > turns
> > out that the xdoc file-format for maven site generation is different(or
> > maybe I am wrong), because stuff like <link href> don't produce links in
> my
> > site - I have to use <a href> instead. Also in forrest-xdoc format  we
> can
> > say something like this <link href="site:my-page">, and this doesn't
> work
> > with maven - I have to use relative urls like <a href="/my-page.html">.
> > Another difference I have noticed is this: <section> tag doesn't require
> > "title" attribute, but "name" attribute.
> >
> > My question is this one: Is there a place on the interenet where there
> is a
> > maven-xdoc specification?

Thank you very much.

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.