Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/13 07:17:27 UTC

Changing default scheduler in hadoop

Sir i am using Hadoop 1.1.2
I don't know where is the code residing of default scheduler?
I want to change the default scheduler to fair how can i do this??
And if i want to get back to default scheduler how can i do this?
I am struggling since 4 months to get help on Apache Hadoop??
I am new to this mailing list

Fwd: Changing default scheduler in hadoop

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.
Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Changing default scheduler in hadoop

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi i have patch file of Resource Aware Scheduler
 MAPREDUCE-1380_1.1.patch.txt<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B11rCKdcyN82d1FuZENwZm12MTg/edit?usp=drive_web>
Now the patch contains the java code also xml code also. how to compile
and create a jar file for this patch??
I want to change the default fifo scheduler and run this resource aware
scheduler.

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Mahesh Khandewal
> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sir i am using Hadoop 1.1.2
> > I don't know where is the code residing of default scheduler?
>
> Doing a simple 'find' in the source checkout for name pattern
> 'Scheduler' should reveal pretty relevant hits. We do name our Java
> classes seriously :)
>

> https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/release-1.1.2/src/mapred/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobQueueTaskScheduler.java
>
> > I want to change the default scheduler to fair how can i do this??
>
> You can override the mapred-site.xml placed property
> 'mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler' to specify a custom scheduler (or a
> supplied one, such as Fair
> [http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.2/fair_scheduler.html] or Capacity
> [http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.2/capacity_scheduler.html]
> Schedulers).
>
> > And if i want to get back to default scheduler how can i do this?
>
> Remove the configuration override, and it will always go back to the
> default FIFO based scheduler, the same whose source has been linked
> above.
>
> > I am struggling since 4 months to get help on Apache Hadoop??
>
> Are you unsure about this?
>
> --
> Harsh J

RE: Changing default scheduler in hadoop

Posted by dh...@wipro.com.
Hi Hadoop Users,

I am wondering if it is possible to use any other schedulers like SLURM/PBS Pro as default schedulers to scheduler MR Jobs

Regards
Dhvanika

www.wipro.com

Re: Changing default scheduler in hadoop

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.