Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Robin Shen <ro...@pmease.com> on 2020/01/17 00:25:47 UTC

An open source devops platform completely created with Wicket

Dear wicket users,

I'd like to introduce OneDev, an open source all-in-one devops platform:
https://github.com/theonedev/onedev

It is created completely with Wicket with only one person. I know that there are modern and fashion techniques such as React/Vue, but I still feel that Wicket is the most suitable framework for this product, considering that I can work with the same set of code from front-end to back-end, with Java's mature libraries and toolings. I must say I gain great productivity with Wicket.

Hope this product is useful to someone.

Robin

Re: An open source devops platform completely created with Wicket

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robin and congratulation for you excellent work! And thanks for sharing
it.
It's always good finding other people who feel in discomfort with modern "
fashionable" JS frameworks :-).

--
Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: An open source devops platform completely created with Wicket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robin Shen <ro...@pmease.com>.
Hi Bas,

Thanks for the kind words. I actually studied other frameworks several years ago before starting the project, and finally settled down with Wicket. One reason is that I can encapsulate into Wicet component not only front-end logics, but also back-end logics, and it makes the component much easier and practical to be re-used.

Thanks for the great work, Wicket team!

Robin
________________________________

Posted by Илья Нарыжный <ph...@ydn.ru>.
Robin,

Thank you for sharing!:)
We also working on a platform completely based on Wicket:
https://github.com/OrienteerBAP/Orienteer
And I can also just join to your words: wicket is an undervalued web
framework. Great work, Wickets-contributors!

Thanks,
Ilya
Orienteer(http://orienteer.org) - open source Business Application Platform