Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/29 20:26:05 UTC

Anyone successfully deployed Hive on TEZ engine?

Please bear in mind that I am talking about your own build not anything
comes as part of Vendor's package.

If so kindly specify both Hive and TEZ versions.

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Anyone successfully deployed Hive on TEZ engine?

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gopal,

please see my correspondence about Tez in tez user group. I forwarded to
hive user group.

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gopal.

I do not use any vendor's product., All my own set up, build and configure.
No CDH no HDL etc.

This the current stack that I have:

Java

*java -version*
java version "1.8.0_77"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.77-b03, mixed mode)

HDFS version

*hadoop version*Hadoop 2.6.0
Subversion https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop.git -r
e3496499ecb8d220fba99dc5ed4c99c8f9e33bb1
Compiled by jenkins on 2014-11-13T21:10Z
Compiled with protoc 2.5.0

YARN version

*yarn version*Hadoop 2.6.0
Subversion https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop.git -r
e3496499ecb8d220fba99dc5ed4c99c8f9e33bb1
Compiled by jenkins on 2014-11-13T21:10Z
Compiled with protoc 2.5.0

HIVE version

hive --version
Hive 2.0.0
Subversion git://reznor-mbp-2.local/Users/sergey/git/hivegit -r
7f9f1fcb8697fb33f0edc2c391930a3728d247d7
Compiled by sergey on Tue Feb 9 18:12:08 PST 2016

Spark version

version 1.6.1
Using Scala version 2.10.5 (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, Java
1.8.0_77)

TEZ I downloaded

tez-0.8.3

And built it using the following instructions

https://tez.apache.org/install.html

Ok I just need to make it work as I have hive on spark engine as well.

please tell me what version of tez and yarn etc. I

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
thanks Damien.

I tried TEZ 0.82 with Hive 2 although I did not persevere.

When you say "Not stable" are you referring to using it with YARN etc.

In short at the simplest set up what Resource Manager it works with?

Cheers

Posted by Damien Carol <da...@gmail.com>.