Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/09 14:07:14 UTC

'Other Resources' section of wiki

Hi,

This section is extremely dated, some dead links also exist.
I realise that some of the material here should remain e.g. blogs that are
still active and the search theory section
I propose the reform of the following
>Either try to locate or remove Stefan's work link. It currently exists as
an  503 unavailable link
>Frutch wiki is a dead link. I managed to manually locate the actual frutch
page, but it looks like its not been touched in years... delete this entry?
>Nutch has moved on leaps and bounds from the old wiki, but for legacy
purposes it would not bother me to have it remain.
>Nutch 0.8 and Hadoop tutorial is a dead link. I propose we remove this as
there is a comprehensive entry under the tutorials section further up the
wiki
>Move Spinn3r to commercial support subsection under general information
section
>Doing a quick text search on the bixo tutorial, it contains no references
to Nutch.

If I can get some general comments then I will clean this up later. I plan
to get the current command line options up to scratch as well in the not so
near future. After this I think it would be beneficial for users, if we
could update an existing tutorial to accommodate Nutch 1.3 architecture
changes and usage. I am happy to do this when I get the time.

Thanks

--
*Lewis*

Re: 'Other Resources' section of wiki

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

Thanks for volunteering on this. I'd create a subpage ('archives') and put
all the how-tos and tutorials for the versions pre-1.3 linked from there.
We've also : Presentation / Academic Articles / link to Video from Doug +
various other things that could also be linked to from a subpage