Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/12/18 16:37:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

All,

I opened this thread for general comments and questions about the
release.  Let's have the discussions here and leave the vote thread
for +/- voting only so it will be easier to process

Thanks.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Thanks for finding this Kevan.

I reposted the source, there are no modules.

Updated source is in:

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/2.0-M1/

Thanks for finding this.

On Dec 18, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2006, at 10:46 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> On Dec 18, 2006, at 9:49 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> There's a source file missing a license header. Not sure if it
>>> was added after my last scan of the code or if I just missed it.
>>> Anyway, it needs to be fixed.
>>>
>>> All servers start. I'm getting some [info] log messages sent to
>>> STDOUT, but I don't think that should hold up an M1 release.
>>>
>>> I've scanned the jetty java ee5 binary -- looks good. Working on
>>> tomcat and some more sanity checks. Other that the license
>>> header, things look good...
>>>
>>> --kevan
>>
>> Kevan,
>>
>> If you'll add it to tags I'll re-spin that module.  This doesn't
>> affect the server binaries so updating and spinning that module
>> should be fine.
>>
>> I'd say thanks for finding this but I now officially hate your
>> keen eye :)
>>
>> On the positive note...we are doing way better than we ever have
>> previously in terms of legal clearance so thanks to you and all
>> the others making this easier.  I think Jason's legal plugin plus
>> the RAT tool, plus all the paranoid eyes are helping :)
>
> Ok. Fixed with 488326.
>
> --kevan

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
I think its a preference.  At this point I think M1 is what it is and
we'll update the Wiki with known issues.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
Matt,
[...]

org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBinding$GBeanLifecycleListener.stopped(GBeanBinding.java:108)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
anita,

If I turn logging up to INFO in var/log/server-log4j.properties I get
information in the log.

On Dec 18, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> All,
>
> I opened this thread for general comments and questions about the
> release.  Let's have the discussions here and leave the vote thread
> for +/- voting only so it will be easier to process
>
> Thanks.
>
> Matt Hogstrom
> matt@hogstrom.org

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Rerouting to this thread from "[VOTE] 2.0-M1 Release"

Hi All,
I have two basic comments/questions.

1- I see a bunch of INFO messages in both Tomcat and Jetty at startup, not a show stopper for this release.

2- Deployment on Jetty is not behaving exactly as I expected. Not sure if I messed up the deployment plans given the new specs, however this same WAR works just fine with Tomcat.
In Jetty I deploy a WAR and when I access the application it will list the content of the WAR, if I click on the JSP it will work fine. Something like not following the web.xml <welcome-file> maybe? The context-root however is correct.

Just in case you may ask, here are the deployment plans:

geronimo-web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2">
    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>sample.applications</groupId>
            <artifactId>HelloWorldApp</artifactId>
            <version>2.0</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>
    <context-root>/hello</context-root>
</web-app>

web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app version="2.4"

   xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

    <welcome-file-list>
         <welcome-file>HelloWorld.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

Am I missing anything obvious?

Cheers!