Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/08 12:28:46 UTC

[Axis2]Security Policy support Samples

Hi All;

Right now, In my local machine I have a security policy client side
working for Security signature. The code to use it look like this.

AxisServiceBuilder asb = new AxisServiceBuilder();
AxisService service = asb.getAxisService(wsdlDefinition);

WSDLBasedPolicyProcessor policyProcessor = new

WSDLBasedPolicyProcessor(configContext);
policyProcessor.configureServicePolices(service);
ServiceClient serviceClient = new ServiceClient(configContext,service);
serviceCleint .......//use it

There are few local changes I should check in and once I do it I
believe we can make this work for Axis2 in general easily. Ruchith
shall we setup a sample and test this for general case. Do you have
time to work with me couple of hours on this?

Thanks
Srinath

--
============================
Srinath Perera:

Re: [Axis2]Security Policy support Samples

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Nice work Srinath !!! :-)

Sure... we can work on integrating this with axis2 so it will support
the other cases as well... Especially I'd like if we can get all the
interop scenarios working with policy (expressed in the wsdl) as well.
 In doing so, please note that right now we cannot extract all
information required using (E.g. alias of the encr user) ws-sec policy
but lets try and see how far we get... and we can use the usual
configuration mechanism to provide those missing config information.

IMHO this is an axis2 change in terms of communicating the sec policy
into the security module/handlers and we will be able to use it even
when we integrate the updated wss4j stuff once we are done with the
sec policy integration into the core of wss4j.

Thanks,
Ruchith

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <sa...@apache.org>.

Srinath Perera wrote:
> My code uses  Werner and Ruchith's code :), I have just tie that
> code, axis2 and ws-policy together!! Srinath
very cool indeed.

+1 for adding a sample so that we all could fitness some real policy
stuff in action. ;)

Sanka

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.