Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Daniel Moldovan <d....@level7.ro> on 2001/08/03 14:30:24 UTC

How to generate automatic RDF_ID in oracle

Hi!

I'm using turbine in with Oracle and when I try to insert data in the RFT
table from the sample application, I get an error because RTF_ID is NULL.
How can I use a sequence from oracle to autoincrement RTF_ID?

-------------------
Daniel Moldovan
Java Developer
LEVEL 7
Bucovinei 59D
1900 Timisoara
tel. 056/224872

Re: How to generate automatic RDF_ID in oracle

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Replace idMethod="autoincrement" in your xml schema with
idMethod="sequence"

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/3/01 5:30 AM, "Daniel Moldovan" <d....@level7.ro> wrote:

> I'm using turbine in with Oracle and when I try to insert data in the RFT
> table from the sample application, I get an error because RTF_ID is NULL.
> How can I use a sequence from oracle to autoincrement RTF_ID?

You need to setup your sequences in Oracle properly.

I believe that the generated .sql files from Torque (for Oracle) generates
the right sequence values. Take a look at those.

-jon