Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 梁景明 <fu...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/21 05:28:16 UTC

How to skip fail map to done the job

hi, I use hadoop0.20 and 8 nodes, there is a job that has 130 map to run
,and  completed 128 map,
but only 2 map fail ,and its fail in my case is accepted ,but the job fail
,the last 128 map also fail,
i can't get any result.
i found that SkipBadRecords maybe work for my case,but i used it ,and it
doesnt work,maybe something
wrong,here is my code , how to skip the bad fail map ,thanks for any help

 JobConf conf = new JobConf(ProductMR.class);
 conf.setJobName("ProductMR");
 conf.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
 conf.setOutputValueClass(Product.class);
 conf.setMapperClass(Map.class);
 conf.setReducerClass(Reduce.class);
 conf.setMapOutputCompressorClass(DefaultCodec.class);
 conf.setInputFormat(SequenceFileInputFormat.class);
 conf.setOutputFormat(SequenceFileOutputFormat.class);
 String objpath = "abc1";
 SequenceFileInputFormat.addInputPath(conf, new Path(objpath));
 SkipBadRecords.setMapperMaxSkipRecords(conf, Long.MAX_VALUE);
 SkipBadRecords.setAttemptsToStartSkipping(conf, 0);
 SkipBadRecords.setSkipOutputPath(conf, new Path("data/product/skip/"));
 String output = "abc";
 SequenceFileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(conf, new Path(output));
 JobClient.runJob(conf);

Re: How to skip fail map to done the job

Posted by 梁景明 <fu...@gmail.com>.
thank you ,it works