Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com> on 2008/03/07 01:07:28 UTC

Relative paths in config/syndicator.js

I'm trying to put together a demo of shindig where I download the source
from SVN, build and run the server, and display a gadget in the OpenSocial
sample container - hopefully under 10 minutes.   Since I've been playing
around with the sample container, I've noticed that calls to rpc_relay.html
are being directed to

http://<my_server>:8080/gadgets/gadgets/files/container/rpc_relay.html#..................

(note the double gadgets path) which results in a 404.  I poked around a bit
and found that the "parentRelayUrl" configuration property in
/config/syndicator.js is relatively pathed - prefixing a "/" provides the
correct response (an "Unknown RPC service" error, but that's expected).

Is there a reason for the relative path in the configuration file?  I
understand that this is just for testing and will be changed in a production
setting, but changing it in the source will make the "out of box" experience
a bit smoother, IMO.

Thanks,
~Arne

Re: Relative paths in config/syndicator.js

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Working on it now.

--
~Kevin

Re: Relative paths in config/syndicator.js

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

--
~Kevin

Re: Relative paths in config/syndicator.js

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

--
~Kevin

Re: Relative paths in config/syndicator.js

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

--
~Kevin

Re: Relative paths in config/syndicator.js

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Posted by Zhen Wang <wa...@google.com>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.