Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/07/05 19:22:20 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Virtual host auth(uid/passwd) doesn't work thru a proxy server !" on Linux (fwd)

Another proxy question.  No ack.

<Aram>

boulianne@elecomm.net said:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com  Fri Jul  5 13:18:39 1996
> From: boulianne@elecomm.net
> To: awm@qosina.com
> Date: Fri Jul  5 10:18:40 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Virtual host auth(uid/passwd) doesn't work thru a proxy server !" on Linux
>
> Submitter: boulianne@elecomm.net
> Operating system: Linux, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.03+1.1
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> I have two sites. The first one is the primary
> for the httpd server and the other is a virtual
> host.
>
> I go to these sites with and without a proxy.
> A problem occurs with I submit my username and passwd
> to the virtual host via a proxy ... it does not
> accept entry ....
>
> Is accepts the user/passwd when I come through no proxy
> or if I go though the same process on my primary web
> site (via proxy or not).
>
> if you require a site which displays this error please
> email me and I can give you one ....
>
> --
>
> Backtrace:

  What is comedy?  Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making
  them puke.
                -- Steve Martin

Aram Mirzadeh				     Apache httpd team member
awm@qosina.com				     awm@apache.org
http://www.qosina.com/~awm/		     http://www.apache.org
	    PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
           BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0