Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by 李智康 <fe...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/24 08:56:21 UTC

How to deploy multiple standalone apache kylin in single machine properly

Hi, all
I have installed two standalone kylin on a sinlge machine, one version is
v1.5.3 and the other is v1.6. I modified parameters of
kylin.hdfs.working.dir and kylin.metadata.url in the file
"kylin.properties". Two apache kylin can start correcly. *but when I ran
the sample cude (http://kylin.apache.org/docs16/tutorial/kylin_sample.html
<http://kylin.apache.org/docs16/tutorial/kylin_sample.html>), it always
stopped at step3 - Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns and the log is "no
counters for job job_1484530827134_34112".*
How to solve this problem, Did I miss some configurations ?

Thank you,
Zhikang Li

Re: How to deploy multiple standalone apache kylin in single machine properly

Posted by Zhikang Li <fe...@gmail.com>.
Actually, I have a Hadoop cluster. I installed kylin1.5.3 on nodeA and
kylin1.6 on nodeB.  When I ran sample cube on kylin1.6 it failed, while
kylin1.5.3 was running correctly

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
The 1.5 kylin and 1.6 kylin must use different metadata since they are on
the same cluster. Have you modified this line in kylin.properties?

kylin.metadata.url=kylin_metadata@hbase

Cheers
Yang

Posted by Zhikang Li <fe...@gmail.com>.
[...]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.hive.hcatalog.mapreduce.HCatInputFormat.setInput(HCatInputFormat.java:97)
        at
org.apache.hive.hcatalog.mapreduce.HCatInputFormat.setInput(HCatInputFormat.java:51)
        at
org.apache.kylin.source.hive.HiveMRInput$HiveTableInputFormat.configureJob(HiveMRInput.java:85)
        ... 10 more

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.