Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by " listanand@gmail.com" <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 01:03:37 UTC

Lucene Website Integration

Hi all,

I need to develop a website that allows for searching and browsing the
underlying documents collection. I am going to be using Lucene as the
underlying search engine. I am however not very familiar with web
development, and am new to Lucene as well. I have used JSP/Servlets
before, and since Lucene is written in Java I am guessing that that
will be the way forward this time as well.

My question is, is using JSP/Servlet an appropriate approach for what
I am trying to do? Also, I am more familiar with Perl and Python than
with Java. So, should I consider using any other Lucene implementation
(Plucene/PyLucene) etc.and go the CGI route instead?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lucene Website Integration

Posted by " listanand@gmail.com" <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gary,

Yes, that certainly helped. Thanks for your reply.

Personally for me, it is interesting to hear about Grails, Ruby etc. I
usually only see folks using PHP, CGI etc. But, maybe it's just me. I
felt like I was being a little anachronistic in using JSP/Servlets.

Thanks again.
Anand

Posted by Gary Moore <ga...@littlebunch.com>.