Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Contriver <jo...@istreamcom.com> on 2006/10/30 15:57:57 UTC

Can someone explain what this header info means?

1) What is the "No" for?
2) Why is the score negative 2.6?  How can an email contain negative spam?

Thanks!

Re: Can someone explain what this header info means?

Posted by Contriver <jo...@istreamcom.com>.
Thanks for the info guys!  Now, I have to figure out why SpamAssassin is
recently allowing a flood of similiar spam emails to pass.

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Contriver" <jo...@istreamcom.com>

> 1) What is the "No" for?
> 2) Why is the score negative 2.6?  How can an email contain negative spam?

1) It is not spam.
2) It was probably whitelisted or else found some negative scoring rules.
   (I have a few such here.) BAYES_00 is one such rule.
3) You are badly misconfigured. "1.5" is a ridiculously low threshold.
   If I set up for that I'd have half my ham marked as spam.
4) If you are motivated to ask because the message really was spam then
   your Bayesian analyzer is mal-trained. Feed the message to it as spam
   and watch your training more carefully if you don't automatically
   train.
5) Your overall training is probably quite poor, which is what motivated
   you to reduce your threshold to such a ridiculously low level.

{^_^}

Re: Can someone explain what this header info means?

Posted by Jonathan Skanes <jo...@skanes.ca>.
On Monday 30 October 2006 11:27, Contriver wrote:

The 'No' means SpamAssassin doesn't think it is spam.  The score is a rating
given by SpamAssassin on how likely the message is spam.  The higher the
number the more likely the message contains spam.  Negatives generally mean
it isn't likely spam

Jon

Posted by Chris Purves <ch...@northfolk.ca>.
Thomas Lindell wrote:

> Tests=AWL, Bayes_00 means it matched on Auto whitelist and bayes_00 and was
> determained to be valid.  Auto white list is a list of approved senders and
> or content.
>

> At least I believe that's all correct unless someone cares to chime in

Auto white list is score averaging based on a specific sender.  See the
wiki for more details:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutoWhitelist

--
Chris

RE: Can someone explain what this header info means?

Posted by Thomas Lindell <tl...@adlmail.com>.
No means that it didn't reach the spam detection threshold  Meaning the
rules that it did match didn't add up to 4.5 or whatever your default
threshold is.

-2.6 means it matches a rule that decreased it's score.

Required = 1.5 means you have a default setting of 1.5 before it's marked as
spam