Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Dan Creswell <da...@dcrdev.demon.co.uk> on 2009/01/12 20:33:42 UTC

Withdrawing

Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to wish you all a happy new year.

Secondly, I'd like to announce my withdrawal from this community as a
committer.  I have spent a number of years on Jini acting as an
evangelist and contributor but with the new year has come a recognition
that I am no longer getting much satisfaction from being a part of this
community.

I plan to continue to develop and support Blitz but I don't feel able to
contribute effectively to the future of River hence my decision.

Good luck for the future,

Dan.

Re: Withdrawing

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Mike McGrady
<mm...@topiatechnology.com> wrote:
> I was waiting to hear from Dan's long time compadres out of respect.
>  However, not having heard a peep, I would like to acknowledge your
> contributions and to let you know that I am very sad for river to see you
> leaving, Dan.

I agree that this is a major blow, but respect Dan's decision and wish
him well on whatever he embarks on next. Also, we have seen before
"departures" in projects which are not permanent, so hope to see Dan
back soon or later.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Withdrawing

Posted by Mike McGrady <mm...@topiatechnology.com>.
I was waiting to hear from Dan's long time compadres out of respect.
However, not having heard a peep, I would like to acknowledge your
contributions and to let you know that I am very sad for river to see
you leaving, Dan.  God bless, god speed, and the best of luck.

MG

On Jan 12, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Dan Creswell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Firstly I'd like to wish you all a happy new year.
>
> Secondly, I'd like to announce my withdrawal from this community as a
> committer.  I have spent a number of years on Jini acting as an
> evangelist and contributor but with the new year has come a
> recognition
> that I am no longer getting much satisfaction from being a part of
> this
> community.
>
> I plan to continue to develop and support Blitz but I don't feel
> able to
> contribute effectively to the future of River hence my decision.
>
> Good luck for the future,
>
> Dan.

Mike McGrady
Senior Engineer
Topia Technology, Inc.
1.253.720.3365
mmcgrady@topiatechnology.com

Re: Withdrawing

Posted by Calum Shaw-Mackay <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan -

Just got the mail, thought I;d send a reply to you direct rather than
through the list

Hope everything is good otherwise with you, I must admit to feeling
somewhat in the same vein as you about River. WHat are your plans for
the future, and are you still with Betfair

Talk soon

Calum