Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2016/10/24 21:30:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release 0.3.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Hi Team!

Please review and vote at your leisure on release candidate #1 for version
0.3.0-incubating, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3],
* source code tag "v0.3.0-incubating-RC1" [4],
* website pull request listing the release and publishing the API reference
manual [5].

Please keep in mind that this release is not focused on providing new
functionality. We want to refine the release process and make stable source
and binary artefacts available to our users.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PPMC affirmative votes.

Cheers,
Aljoscha

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12338051
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/beam/0.3.0-incubating/
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/beam/
[4]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-beam.git;a=tag;h=5d86ff7f04862444c266142b0d5acecb5a6b7144
[5] https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam-site/pull/52

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.3.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's actually mentionned on the incubator thread usually.

Regards
JB

\u2063\u200b

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
​+1 (non-binding)

​

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Aljoscha,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I used this line from the Apache release signing doc (
> https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#md5):
> $ gpg --print-md MD5 [fileName] > [fileName].md5
>
> What is normally used to checksum/verify the md5 and sha hash? As it is
> now, they can be manually verified by comparing the checksum in the file
> with one that was derived from the zip. I hope that's still ok for the
> release to go through?

Well, I think is just how the hash is formatted. Normally it's preferable
to have to the simple hash, as the maven-gpg-plugin generates (e.g.,
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/marmotta/3.3.0/apache-
marmotta-3.3.0-src.zip.md5). So you can easily automatically check (md5sum
-c foo.md5).

I've just outline a PR [1] to fix the issue [2], so we can discuss it over
the code.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/1206
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-841

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Imho it's better to use md5sun/sha1sum.

About mongodb I will implement a free port use to avoid the failing test if an existing instance is already running locally.

Regards
JB

\u2063\u200b

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Sergio,

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release 0.3.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
I'm happy to announce that we have unanimously approved this release.

There are 10 approving votes 6 of which are binding:
 * Jean-Baptiste (binding)
 * Ismaël
 * Sergio
 * Seetharam
 * Davor (binding)
 * Dan (binding)
 * Kenneth (binding)
 * Maximilian (binding)
 * Amit (binding)
 * Neelesh

There are no disapproving votes.

As Sergio pointed out, the PPMC votes are not really binding while we are
still in incubator, only the IPMC votes will be. I'm nevertheless listing
them here as binding because we also did it on past votes.

I'll now go ahead and post this result to the IPMC for final voting.

Thanks everyone!

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Neelesh Salian <ns...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No problem for the vote.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Sergio ;)

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, your vote is not binding from a podling perspective (you are not PPMC). Your vote is binding from IPMC perspective (so when you will vote on the incubator mailing list).

So this vote is +1 (non binding).

Regards
JB

\u2063\u200b

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@google.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

My understanding that Kinesis licensing is not an issue since we don't
redistribute that code ourselves. (I'd also be fine in excluding that code
from the source distribution if deemed necessary.)

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)