Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vi...@citrix.com> on 2013/02/23 00:13:36 UTC

Upgrade path for db

How exactly are db upgrade scripts kicked off during a fresh db install on the master branch?

When I deploy a fresh db off the ACS master using : mvn -e -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb, I don't see the tables specified in setup/db/db/schema-40to410.sql or setup/db/db/schema-410to420.sql getting created.

The version in the create-schema.sql is 4.0.0 and the same shows up in the newly created db when I do a select * from version;

How do I ensure that when deploying a fresh db, the tables specified in schema40to410.sql  and schema-410to420.sql get created?

Regards,
Vijay

Re: Upgrade path for db

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for confirming Gavin, it was a path issue. Will write wiki on
database deployment this week if I get time from bugs/fixes/blockers
and pending stuff for 4.1

Regards.

Re: Upgrade path for db

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
Gavin

Re: Upgrade path for db

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Re: Upgrade path for db

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Alex

--
Gavin

RE: Upgrade path for db

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Hi Gavin,

RE: Upgrade path for db

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Re: Upgrade path for db

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Still need to copy setup/db/db to project base dir to pass following build:
bash$ mvn -pl developer,tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb -P developer

If not, the error message is:

2013-02-24 22:15:44,656 WARN  [utils.script.Script]
(com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseCreator.main():) Unable to find script
db/schema-40to410.sql
2013-02-24 22:15:44,657 DEBUG [db.Transaction.Transaction]
(com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseCreator.main():) Rolling back the
transaction: Time = 8 Name =
-DatabaseCreator.main:196-NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0:-2-NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke:39-DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke:25-Method.invoke:597-ExecJavaMojo$1.run:297-Thread.run:680;
called by -Transaction.rollback:890-Transaction.removeUpTo:833-Transaction.close:657-DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade:262-DatabaseUpgradeChecker.check:357-DatabaseCreator.main:209-NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0:-2-NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke:39-DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke:25-Method.invoke:597-ExecJavaMojo$1.run:297-Thread.run:680
[WARNING]

--
Gavin

RE: Upgrade path for db