Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 08:33:58 UTC

Introduce from Wang Li Feng

Hi,
   Welcome new volunteers to join us. I'm Wang Li Feng, Living in Beijing.
I have 3 years experiences in testing.
mainly focus on FVT and automation test with Java。
   I am also a new comer in AOO community for about 1 year. when I joined
OO community, I started from verify defects, then start to mannal FVT and
wrote automation scripts.
   I'm familiar with Impress and know some usages about Base. Now I focus
on automation test(BVT,FVT,SVT).

If you are interesting about OO QA, you can get start from:
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-qa.html
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/QA_Tasks

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Introduce from Wang Li Feng

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/12 8:33 AM, Li Feng Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>    Welcome new volunteers to join us. I'm Wang Li Feng, Living in Beijing.
> I have 3 years experiences in testing.
> mainly focus on FVT and automation test with Java。
>    I am also a new comer in AOO community for about 1 year. when I joined
> OO community, I started from verify defects, then start to mannal FVT and
> wrote automation scripts.
>    I'm familiar with Impress and know some usages about Base. Now I focus
> on automation test(BVT,FVT,SVT).
>
> If you are interesting about OO QA, you can get start from:
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-qa.html
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/QA_Tasks

Hi Li Feng Wang,

welcome at Apache OpenOffice and great to have you on board.

Especially the automated testing area is a key element to ensure the
quality of our product in the future. The more automated tests we have
the better it is, it will help us to reduce regressions and will us a
quick impression where we are with the quality. When our automated tests
will fail we won't or we should not release.

Ok automated tests are only one part of all of our QA efforts but they
will provide a very good first indicator of they fail.

Welcome on board

Juergen

PS: just run today the BVT test after doing some cleanup related to the
old testtool resources. Worked perfect, all 46 BVT test ran successful
on my macbook