Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Wes Parish <We...@cowtownt.org> on 2009/08/12 15:40:27 UTC

Maximum Transfer Rates

Hello,

It seems like we are unable to pass the 30-40 MB/s rates (over a 1Gbit link) using the Qpid.  We have tried multiple configurations (current qpidd.conf pasted below), but have not had any luck.  Has anyone successfully seen ~100MB/s on a 1Gbit link?

Thanks,
Wes

------------
/etc/qpidd.conf
------------
cluster-name="TestCluster1112"
auth=no
log-to-file=/app/MRG/log/qpidd_tc11.log
# Parms provided by Carl on 16 Jun
# qpidd --auth no --tcp-nodelay --worker-threads 4 --default-queue-limit 0 --staging-threshold 100000000
# Immediately push data in TCP Buffer, do not wait for TCP Buffer to fill
tcp-nodelay
# Number of Qpid worker threads to instantiate
worker-threads=4
default-queue-limit=0
# Message size (max) that forces Qpid to write it to disk
staging-threshold=200000000
port=5672
no-data-dir

Re: Maximum Transfer Rates

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Wes Parish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems like we are unable to pass the 30-40 MB/s rates (over a 1Gbit link) using the Qpid.  We have tried multiple configurations (current qpidd.conf pasted below), but have not had any luck.  Has anyone successfully seen ~100MB/s on a 1Gbit link?

How are you testing this? I.e. what test, message sizes etc?

Using perftest, one of the standard qpidd tests, with default settings
and between untuned boxes.

Perftest itself reported just over 140 Mbytes/sec, that is a total of
messages in and out of the broker however, and corresponded to around
pub and sub rates of just over 70k msgs/sec with 1k messages. This is
with one publisher and one subscriber.

For smaller messages the messages rates go up a little, but the byte
rate drops.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org