Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> on 2008/02/25 10:19:48 UTC

[Asyncweb] FileService as module or in server ?

Hi,

I made a little example for serving static files  with Asyncweb server.
the code is here : http://tinyurl.com/2ytays

The example growed a little and now contain more feature like :
 - pluggable directory index generator
 - pluggable file loading strategies
 - mime-type guessed by file extension
 - last-modified headers for browser caches

I would like to move it out of the example submodule, because it's not
anymore an example :) but more a standard HttpService you can use if you
want to serve files with Asyncweb.

Now I'm not sure where to place it, I propose the following solutions :

[ ] place it in the server module and provide it as a standard feature

[ ] create a submodule call "fileservice" because I don't want to bloat
my server with something I won't use

[ ] other idea : ...

Julien