Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net> on 2004/10/13 11:46:25 UTC

Re: Cannot open bayes databases /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

At 12:55 AM 10/13/2004 -0700, Chris Weiss wrote:
>debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: rewrite_subject 1
>debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: use_terse_report 0
>debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: auto_learn 1
>debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_add_header 1

Fix the above errors. Those lines are invalid.

the rewrite_subject bit has been replaced, see UPGRADE

     rewrite_subject 1
     subject_tag ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****

   becomes

     rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****

auto_learn should be bayes_auto_learn. I don't think it's ever not had
bayes in it's name

>debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x3cb7d078)
>inhibited further callbacks
>debug: bayes: 7110 tie-ing to DB file R/O
>/var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
>Cannot open bayes databases /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie
>failed: Inappropriate file type or format
>debug: bayes: 7110 untie-ing DB file toks
>debug: Score set 0 chosen.
>debug: bayes: 7110 tie-ing to DB file R/O
>/var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
>Cannot open bayes databases /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie
>failed: Inappropriate file type or format
>debug: bayes: 7110 untie-ing DB file toks
>ERROR: Bayes dump returned an error, please re-run with -D for more
>information
>
>Note that after running sa_learn --ham on all of my inboxes and sa-learn
>--spam on my junk folder, I end up with these files in my .spamassassin
>folder (during the install, I tried several gymnastics with sa-learn
>--import and --upgrade or something to that effect, hence the old_* files):

Um.. what are sa-learn --import and sa-learn --upgrade?  This is SA 3.0
man.. Those arguments no longer exist.

Try running sa-learn -D --sync and see what happens. Thats the bayes DB
upgrade command for SA 3.0.

When you ran sa-learn --clear, did it actually work and remove the files or
reduce them to 0 bytes?

If the sync above doesn't work, and --clear doesn't truly wipe the files,
use rm -f bayes_* and retrain.

Re: Cannot open bayes databases /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

Posted by Chris Weiss <cw...@casadelove.com>.

Matt Kettler wrote:

> At 12:55 AM 10/13/2004 -0700, Chris Weiss wrote:
>
>> debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>> rewrite_subject 1
>> debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>> use_terse_report 0
>> debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: auto_learn 1
>> debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>> dcc_add_header 1
>

> Fix the above errors. Those lines are invalid.
>
> the rewrite_subject bit has been replaced, see UPGRADE
>
>     rewrite_subject 1
>     subject_tag ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****
>
>   becomes
>
>     rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****
>

> auto_learn should be bayes_auto_learn. I don't think it's ever not had
> bayes in it's name

Will do, I'm just trying to figure out how to implement them in my
environment (IE - some of the directives are fed via AmavisD). They
should not be the cause of my problem either way -ya?

>> debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x3cb7d078)
>> inhibited further callbacks
>> debug: bayes: 7110 tie-ing to DB file R/O
>> /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
>> Cannot open bayes databases /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O:
>> tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format
>> debug: bayes: 7110 untie-ing DB file toks
>> debug: Score set 0 chosen.
>> debug: bayes: 7110 tie-ing to DB file R/O
>> /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
>> Cannot open bayes databases /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O:
>> tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format
>> debug: bayes: 7110 untie-ing DB file toks
>> ERROR: Bayes dump returned an error, please re-run with -D for more
>> information
>>
>> Note that after running sa_learn --ham on all of my inboxes and
>> sa-learn --spam on my junk folder, I end up with these files in my
>> .spamassassin folder (during the install, I tried several gymnastics
>> with sa-learn --import and --upgrade or something to that effect,
>> hence the old_* files):
>

> Um.. what are sa-learn --import and sa-learn --upgrade?  This is SA
> 3.0 man.. Those arguments no longer exist.

Sorry, meant import and sync.

> Try running sa-learn -D --sync and see what happens. Thats the bayes
> DB upgrade command for SA 3.0.
>
> When you ran sa-learn --clear, did it actually work and remove the
> files or reduce them to 0 bytes?

Yes. It removed the files entirely. Running SA after with no bayes files
gave the same error - I suppose that would point to it not being an
actual file compatibility issue, but something inside SA failing
(missing library or something)?