Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Konstantina Stamopoulou <st...@intracom.gr> on 2003/07/21 13:15:15 UTC

XML To Database

Hello everyone,
I have the following problem. I need for my application to use a database which is in form of .xml.
I want  to convert this database to a real database such us ORACLE.
 I have a .dtd but I cannot find a way to do this transformation automatically.
Can anyone help by giving me some reference docs?
I couldn't find anything in the archives.

Thank you in advance
Konstantina

RE: XML To Database

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
hi,

this is off struts but anyway...

It's simple. Most of the recent developments in databases now supports
XML->DB table mapping. So, it can be transformed automatically.
For more details, search for xmldb on otn.oracle.com

I have not done this before but as you are working can i expect words on
implementation when you will be through?

regards
Navjot Singh