Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by C Santosh Kumar <cs...@ebizportals.com> on 2001/10/14 05:57:47 UTC

Apache SOAP service deployment

Just like an application can be deployed by placing
its war file in webapps dir of tomcat, I want to
deploy a SOAP service that is in a war. But there
seems to an additional step of deploying the service.
(ie., registering the service with the SOAP app).
Can it be avoided ? Cant apache-soap just look
for DeploymentDescriptor.xml in a particular location
in the startup, and do the needful ?

Santosh

Re: Apache SOAP service deployment

Posted by C Santosh Kumar <cs...@ebizportals.com>.
Is this XML version of DeployedServices there in Apache-soap 2.2 ?
I see only the .ds file, where is the xml version ?
what is the format/schema for this file ?

Posted by C Santosh Kumar <cs...@ebizportals.com>.

war file

Posted by vali <va...@profitera.com>.
Hi,
         What is a WAR file ? how is to use it with tomcat?

Vali

war file

Posted by vali <va...@profitera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Magnús Þór Torfason <ma...@handtolvur.is>.
Yes, it is possible.  What you have to do is to include the
DeployedServices.* file in the WEB-INF directory.  I say DS.* since you can
either use the XML version or the default version.

This is exactly the reason the XML version of DeployedServices was added.  I