Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Bruce Edge <br...@nextissuemedia.com> on 2014/11/12 16:47:50 UTC

JCR to pojo object mapping

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Bruce Edge
...What's the equivalent mechanism in sling for persisting a hierarchy of POJOs?...

I'd say Sling Models, though I haven't used them myself much so far.
You might want to ask more specific questions if you try them.

Sling models look ideal for what I need.
Is there a sample app/quickstart guide for using models? It always feels like a huge divide between the docs and a blank editor page.

Some object-to-JCR mapping libraries have been created but we don't
recommend using them, see http://markmail.org/message/wmqggzrxwxearmyh
for discussions.

Does this include slice?
 http://www.cognifide.com/blogs/cq/make-your-cq-life-easier-with-slice/
Is slice specific to Adobe's AEM, or does it work with sling/oak as well?

-Bruce

Re: JCR to pojo object mapping

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Bruce Edge
> ...Sling models look ideal for what I need.
> Is there a sample app/quickstart guide for using models? It always feels like a huge divide
> between the docs and a blank editor page....

I'm not sure if we have more than
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/models.html - Justin?

>> Some object-to-JCR mapping libraries have been created but we don't
>> recommend using them, see http://markmail.org/message/wmqggzrxwxearmyh
>> for discussions.
>
> Does this include slice?...

I was only thinking about modules that are in Jackrabbit and Sling
when I said "not recommended".

I personally don't think you need to use Guice on top of what we use
from OSGi (distributed services), like Slice does AFAIK, but that's
just my opinion.

-Bertrand