Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bjorgen T. Eatinger" <be...@edenhosting.net> on 2006/10/12 18:31:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Cannot Start HTTPD Service

Whenever I try starting the httpd service, I get the following error:

[root@log]# service httpd start
Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory [FAILED]

I've obtained and installed the very latest openldap (v2.3) and it did
NOT install this library.  I have no idea why Apache needs this library
in the first place.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?  We are dead in the water not being
able to start the server.

Thank you so much, Bjorgen T. Eatinger

Re: [users@httpd] Cannot Start HTTPD Service

Posted by masro <ma...@llbc.de>.
Hi,

you have to customize your 2.0.59/bin/envvars it looks like that
libldap-2.2.so.7 is not found for linking in LD_LIBRARY_PATH,

try

. /usr/bin/envvars
ldd /usr/bin/httpd

regards