Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/31 00:34:23 UTC

Custom comparators

Does Accumulo allow custom comparators?  Thanks.

Re: Custom comparators

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
On Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:34:23 PM, "Jason Rutherglen" <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Accumulo allow custom comparators? Thanks.

We've discussed whether this would possible.  The main issue is that it would cause difficulty in the !METADATA table, which contains rows from all the other tables in its key structure.

Billie

Re: Custom comparators

Posted by John W Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.
I'm assuming you mean for the Keys, and if that's the case then no, we do not. If you need a specific sort order for your Key, then design the individual elements (row, colf, colq, etc.) to force the sort order you want.

John