Posted to user@storm.apache.org by prasad ch <ch...@outlook.com> on 2015/05/12 16:22:50 UTC

Delay while Reaching to bolt

HI,

I designed sample storm example, which contain filereading spout and bolt.here my spout is for reading from single file and emitting tuples to bolt.
here while emitting tuple from spout am adding current time in milliseconds to  each tuple,when ever tuple is reached to bolt am comparing that tuple time stamp value with current timestamp value. when i find difference while reaching bolt some of the tuple take 0 sec's while most of the tuples taking more tahn 20 seconds .
when i call ack method in side bolt then  also am finding difference of time ,it also delay in 20 sec's ......

Please help me !

Thanks !

Regard'sprasad.ch

Re: Delay while Reaching to bolt

Posted by Mark Tomko <mt...@broadinstitute.org>.
Also, if you have configured a value for "max spout pending" that's larger
than the number of bolts downstream, tuples may wait between when they are
emitted by the spout and when they are processed.

Mark

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

--
Supun Kamburugamuva