Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Казаков Сергей Сергеевич <sk...@skbkontur.ru> on 2015/04/23 12:21:00 UTC

Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Hi!

We see some serious issues in HDFS of 2.6.0, which were, according to JIRA, fixed in 2.6.1. Any plans to release this patch or if it already was, where can we download it?

Kind regards,
Sergey Kazakov

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
Are you serious?

"This release is *not* yet ready for production use. Critical issues
   are being ironed out via testing and downstream adoption. Production
users
   should wait for a *2.7.1/2.7.2* release."

- André

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

unsubscribe

Posted by Nandakumar Vadivelu <na...@ericsson.com>.
unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by Nandakumar Vadivelu <na...@ericsson.com>.
unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by Nandakumar Vadivelu <na...@ericsson.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
Are you serious?

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
Are you serious?

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Posted by Nandakumar Vadivelu <na...@ericsson.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
Are you serious?

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Can you use 2.7.0 ?

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
Tx, I am moving this discussion to the dev lists for progress. Will include these tickets for discussion. Feel free to pitch in there if you need more.

+Vinod

On Apr 27, 2015, at 6:45 AM, Dmitry Simonov <di...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Sergey Kazakov asked me to reply, that our main issue is HDFS-7443.

I'd love to see a 2.6.1 release with

* HADOOP-11674
* HADOOP-11710

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
I was going to start a thread on dev lists for this, will do so today.

Can you list down the specific HDFS issues you want in 2.6.1?

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:21 AM, Казаков Сергей Сергеевич <sk...@skbkontur.ru>> wrote:

Hi!

We see some serious issues in HDFS of 2.6.0, which were, according to JIRA, fixed in 2.6.1. Any plans to release this patch or if it already was, where can we download it?

Kind regards,
Sergey Kazakov

--
Sean

С уважением,
  Симонов Дмитрий.

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Dmitry Simonov <di...@gmail.com>.
Sergey Kazakov asked me to reply, that our main issue is HDFS-7443.

> I'd love to see a 2.6.1 release with
>
> * HADOOP-11674
> * HADOOP-11710
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>>  I was going to start a thread on dev lists for this, will do so today.
>>
>>  Can you list down the specific HDFS issues you want in 2.6.1?
>>
>>  Thanks
>> +Vinod
>>
>>  On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:21 AM, Казаков Сергей Сергеевич <
>> skazakov@skbkontur.ru> wrote:
>>
>>   Hi!
>>
>>  We see some serious issues in HDFS of 2.6.0, which were, according to
>> JIRA, fixed in 2.6.1. Any plans to release this patch or if it already was,
>> where can we download it?
>>
>>  Kind regards,
>>  Sergey Kazakov
>>

> --
> Sean

С уважением,
  Симонов Дмитрий.

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Dmitry Simonov <di...@gmail.com>.
Sergey Kazakov asked me to reply, that our main issue is HDFS-7443.

> I'd love to see a 2.6.1 release with
>
> * HADOOP-11674
> * HADOOP-11710
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>>  I was going to start a thread on dev lists for this, will do so today.
>>
>>  Can you list down the specific HDFS issues you want in 2.6.1?
>>
>>  Thanks
>> +Vinod
>>
>>  On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:21 AM, Казаков Сергей Сергеевич <
>> skazakov@skbkontur.ru> wrote:
>>
>>   Hi!
>>
>>  We see some serious issues in HDFS of 2.6.0, which were, according to
>> JIRA, fixed in 2.6.1. Any plans to release this patch or if it already was,
>> where can we download it?
>>
>>  Kind regards,
>>  Sergey Kazakov
>>

> --
> Sean

С уважением,
  Симонов Дмитрий.

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Dmitry Simonov <di...@gmail.com>.
Sergey Kazakov asked me to reply, that our main issue is HDFS-7443.

> I'd love to see a 2.6.1 release with
>
> * HADOOP-11674
> * HADOOP-11710
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>>  I was going to start a thread on dev lists for this, will do so today.
>>
>>  Can you list down the specific HDFS issues you want in 2.6.1?
>>
>>  Thanks
>> +Vinod
>>
>>  On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:21 AM, Казаков Сергей Сергеевич <
>> skazakov@skbkontur.ru> wrote:
>>
>>   Hi!
>>
>>  We see some serious issues in HDFS of 2.6.0, which were, according to
>> JIRA, fixed in 2.6.1. Any plans to release this patch or if it already was,
>> where can we download it?
>>
>>  Kind regards,
>>  Sergey Kazakov
>>

> --
> Sean

С уважением,
  Симонов Дмитрий.

Re: Will Hadoop 2.6.1 be released soon?

Posted by Dmitry Simonov <di...@gmail.com>.
Sergey Kazakov asked me to reply, that our main issue is HDFS-7443.

> I'd love to see a 2.6.1 release with
>
> * HADOOP-11674
> * HADOOP-11710
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>>  I was going to start a thread on dev lists for this, will do so today.
>>
>>  Can you list down the specific HDFS issues you want in 2.6.1?
>>
>>  Thanks
>> +Vinod
>>
>>  On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:21 AM, Казаков Сергей Сергеевич <
>> skazakov@skbkontur.ru> wrote:
>>
>>   Hi!
>>
>>  We see some serious issues in HDFS of 2.6.0, which were, according to
>> JIRA, fixed in 2.6.1. Any plans to release this patch or if it already was,
>> where can we download it?
>>
>>  Kind regards,
>>  Sergey Kazakov
>>

> --